On 06-21-2012, PowerPlus DCU hosted the first of many symposiums regarding the status of the Mangrove population in Nigeria. Scientists and representatives from all around the world, including six, highly regarded universities, from the US were present as PowerPlus DCU presented their findings. The floor was then opened and critiques were welcomed from world-renowned professionals in their fields. A bridge between the oil companies and the scientific world was created while the overwhelming opinion confirmed the validity of DCU’s notions.
The top agenda of the meeting was the safety of the environment of the Mangroves. Many companies have claimed to be helping by utilizing bio-remediation. However, as proof of continuing development and engineering toward a perfect solution, PowerPlus DCU discovered that these methods and technologies have hidden ramifications that, if not dealt with properly, devastate eco-systems and cultures that can lead to wiping out the Mangroves and their inhabitants.
Improper studies and assumptions of well meaning company’s intentions, are wiping out entire species of cultures necessary for well balanced eco-systems. Bio remediation alone utilizes enzymes that consume oil also muscle out other nutrients and food for other organisms and thus deplete the population to well below a healthy balance. Without proper testing equipment and methods, it is impossible to know what damage may have already been done and how to avoid further damaging the land. In addition to this the improper use of foreign bacteria has caused further damage and introduced non-native elements which further the imbalance in the environment.
PowerPlus DCU is giving fair warning to companies and countries alike while introducing a better solution. While bio-remediation may not be the perfect solution, it is manageable and effective with the right combination of study, monitoring, and utilization of other methods. Decontamination with PowerPlus’s proven technologies and methods reduce a larger amount of contamination and thus less is required from the bio-remediation. Couple then by monitoring biological organisms to ensure the survival of all organisms needed for a healthy environment. PowerPlus has the right technology to measure and test RNA and DNA and will have the equipment close-by for costs savings of not having to ship to other parts of the world to have this testing done. Overall the package proposed to any company will save millions in the long run and will restore the environment rather than just cleaning off the surface of the catastrophes.
When asked about the technologies and treatments by the scientists, it was noted that the holistic “best practices” being put forth was well thought out including:
• Keeping abreast with the latest ground-breaking technologies all around the world
• Immediate feedback and workflow from integrated world scientific research and development
• In house testing and independent third party audits
• Management of shared dangers as opposed to hiding them, giving transparency to the world and remaining above reproach for those who also care greatly about the environment
• Technologies and methods such as the Prodigy Bio and Clean and Capture help rid sites of a majority of the contamination, and can return a substantial portion of it back to the companies saving money and preventing further damage to the environment.
• Documented and well designed testing, deployment, and methodology that includes mobile lab testing for Meta-genomic (DNA/RNA), Mineral, Water, and TPH results.
• Scrutinizing through debate and open forums, every conceivable “What if” scenarios provide further insight.
PowerPlus DCU was well prepared and answered all the questions of the scientists to more than adequate levels. With the symposium coming to a very successful conclusion, PowerPlus moves forward, confidently knowing that they continue to the leading engineers in decontamination and providing real help for the environment while reducing costs.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org